By: Linda Dede Nyanya Godji
The 2022 women in agribusiness awards which is aimed at celebration women in the agric value chain in Africa has been launched.
The award’s scheme organised by Guzakuza with support from GIZ and other partners, is the second in series to recognise efforts of women who are striving to change the status quo of agribusiness on the African continent.
At the virtual launch ceremony, the programs coordinator, Ms. Akosua Duah stated that this year’s awards would see new and revised categories.
“Last year, 5 women who are leaders in African agribusiness were awarded for their achievements in the following categories: Agtech Innovation, Covid 19 Agribusiness Resilience, Dare to defy, sustainable green innovation, and the role model excellence. This year, we have new and revised categories to appeal to a wider range of trailblazers from the various points of the agri value chain and network. Today, we will be unveiling 35 categories.” She added.
She urged women who are players in the agribusiness industry across the continent to take advantage and apply for the awards when the nominations are open for applications.
The Women in agribusiness awards will crown the weeklong women in agribusiness week event, from the 24th through to the 29th of October in three major regions in Ghana, which are Greater Accra, Ashanti and Northern under the theme Revitalising partnership for Sustainable Agribusiness Development.
Women led agribusinesses contributes greatly to the economies of the world especially on the African continent, hence, the need to recognise their hard efforts. It is for this reason Guzakuza initiated this award to highlight and celebrate the achievements of exceptional women in the agribusiness community and have led the way for others to follow.
This year’s awards which will be held in Accra. See below for the categories, which will honour 35 women agribusiness leaders on the continent.
• SHE – INNOVATE IN AGRIBUSINESS AWARDS/AGRITECH INNOVATION AWARDS
• PERSEVERANCE AWARD
• EMERGING STAR IN AGRIBUSINESS AWARD
• COVID-19 RESILIENT AWARD
• ROLE MODEL EXCELLENCE AWARD
• INNOVATION OF THE YEAR
• ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT AWARD
• NEW BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
• BUSINESS DIVERSIFICATION AWARD
• GREEN BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
• DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION AWARD
• EXPORT AGRIBUSINESS OF THE YEAR
• MICRO BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
• BEST WOMAN FARMER OF THE YEAR
• GREEN BUSINESS OF THE YEAR
• ONLINE AGRIBUSINESS OF THE YEAR
• SUSTAINABLE AGRIBUSINESS OF THE YEAR
• AGRITECH COMPANY OF THE YEAR
• YOUNG AGRI ENTREPRENEUR OF THE YEAR
• AGRIFINTECH COMPANY OF THE YEAR
• MARKETING INNOVATION AWARD
• INTERNATIONAL AGRIBUSINESS WOMAN OF THE YEAR
• AGRIMEDIA AWARD OF THE YEAR
• AGRI JOURNALIST OF THE YEAR
• AGRI FINANCE OF THE YEAR
• RESEARCH INSTITUTE OF THE YEAR
• AGRIBUSINESS INSTITUTION OF THE YEAR
• BEST GOVERNMENT AGRI INITIATIVE
• AGRIC INNOVATOR OF THE YEAR
• BEST AGRI ADVOCACY AWARD
• LONG SERVICE AWARDS (WOMEN AND MEN )
• BEST AGRIBUSINESS ALLY AWARD
• BEST PACKAGING AGRIBUSINESS OF THE YEAR
• BEST EQUIPMENT & MACHINERY AWARD
• AFRICAN AGRIBUSINESS WOMAN OF THE YEAR
Visit www.womeninagribusinessawards.com for more details.